Invisalign has become one of the most popular methods of teeth straightening in recent years. Millions of people have opted for this treatment, and for good reason – it is incredibly effective! In this ultimate guide to Invisalign, we will discuss everything you need to know. We will cover what it is, how it works, the benefits, the cost, and more! So if you are considering Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth, then keep reading!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of clear plastic aligner that is used to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign is virtually invisible, meaning that people will not be able to tell that you are wearing them! They are also removable, so you can take them out for eating and cleaning.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign works by gradually moving your teeth into the correct position using a series of clear plastic aligners. Each aligner is slightly different, and as you progress through the treatment plan, your teeth will slowly move into place. After the Invisalign process has been completed you will need to wear a retainer so your teeth do not move back.
The benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits to choosing Invisalign over traditional metal braces. Here are the benefits:
- Virtually invisible: people will have to look carefully in order to notice you are wearing them. It saves people from embarrassment, especially if they are older.
- Removable: you can take the aligners out for eating, drinking and cleaning. This ensures you can maintain a good oral health routine.
- Comfortable: they are much more comfortable to wear than traditional braces. Impressions are taken of your teeth so each of the aligner trays are custom-made for the patient.
- Shorter treatment time: on average, treatment times are shorter with Invisalign than traditional braces so you can get the smile you deserve in a shorter period of time.
The disadvantages of Invisalign
There are a few disadvantages to Invisalign treatment that you should be aware of:
- Not suitable for all dental cases: Invisalign is not suitable for all dental cases, so it is important to speak to your dentist first to see if this treatment is right for you.
- You must be diligent: in order for Invisalign to work, you have to wear them for at least 22 hours a day. If you are someone who cannot stick to strict guidelines, Invisalign may not be the best option for you.
- The Invisalign process can be undertaken by adults or children, but due to its removable nature, it is not always recommended for children.
The cost of Invisalign
Invisalign is not cheap, but the cost will vary depending on a number of factors. The severity of your case, the length of treatment, and your location are all important factors that will affect the cost. Generally speaking, most cases range from $6,500 – $8,500.
Considering Invisalign to help straighten your teeth? Contact Shire Doctors and Dentists today.
If you are considering Invisalign as an option for your teeth straightening needs, then we hope this guide has been helpful! Invisalign is a great option that is effective, comfortable, and virtually invisible! It is important to consult with a professional to find out if Invisalign is the right treatment for you.